Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTwks to NTserv upgrade connection limit issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebomber

Technical User
Jan 7, 2002
US
We were using NT workstation as a file server and kept bumping into the 10 connection limit. So we then upgraded the installation to NT Server.

Here's the problem. We are still limited to the 10 connections. During the upgrade we chose "per server" and selected 35. When you look at License Manager, it states 35 licenses purchased, 11 in use. However it won't allow anymore connection until you disconnect one.

Any thoughts. We chose to upgrade versus a clean install because of the time factor.

Thanks.

Unless someone can nail this for you - clean install might be quickest option. If its just a fileserver, presumably doesn't need a lot of software installed - and NT server doesn't take long to install.

Thanks for the reply, yes you are right about the clean install but it's a bit more complicated unfortunately. It just seems as though there is something I'm missing that could remedy the problem.

Well hopefully someone has been done this road...

Thanks wolluf. Coincidently I ran across the same thing. Just tried it this morning so I'll know shortly. I did have the user value there, set to "a", so hopefully it's going to work. Thanks again for digging into this!

This did fix the problem...much better then reloading from scratch!

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back