Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ntuser.pds folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leco

Technical User
May 28, 2001
GB
Has anyone any idea what this folder is and where it comes from? My Profile folders have suddenly started generating ntuser.pds folders inside the main profile folder on my NT4 Server. The ntuser.pds folder appears to contain duplicates of all folders within the profile folder and cannot be modified or deleted even by a User with full Administrator permissions.
:)I Leco

Thanks for this. The only thing is I wasn't aware that I had any NT3.5x users! All the profiles were created on NT4 and all apart from one were/are being used from workstations running Win2K. The exception was a user on a Win98 SE machine. This user now has a Win2K machine.
Would that change of OS make all other profiles create ntuser.pds files?
:)I Leco

I've been here forever . . . well not quite but certainly since the network was installed.
However, I've re-built all the profiles from the bottom up (or should that be from the top down?) because some stopped working and I don't want the same thing to happen again. Fore warned is etc..
Thanks for the help. :)I Leco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back