Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ntp service not updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

edkender

Technical User
Oct 12, 2005
US
My 3 systems which are on 5.5 and running ntp service. My clocks did not change. I cannot disable the ntp service with dis ntp or stop ntp bkgd any. How do I stop the ntp service so I can update the time?

Were is this located in the sig server

left pane - tools - date and time (I'm on 5.0 & 5.5)

Mato' Was'aka

The command in the book is incorrect for STOP NTP BKGD. Try STOP NTP BACK instead. If that works, then you should be able to DIS NTP and update your time.

That being said, I had one this morning that did not spring forward an hour also. I had to go in and change the UTC offset manually to correct it. Not sure why, I'm gonna have to investigate.

I found it. I am running NTP through the Sig Servers, and in Element Manager, under NTP settings, there is a check box for Daylight Savings Time. It was unchecked.

You can run NTP in CS mode or SS mode. In CS mode, I think it looks at SDST in LD 2 for this, but in SS mode, it apparently looks at that check box.

When you are running NTP you CAN NOT manually adjust the time without first stopping the NTP service.

The CS Mode and SS Mode for the NTP setting is only used to determine the route used to contact NTP server. If you can ping the NTP server from the CS then you can leave it in CS Mode if you CAN NOT then use SS Mode which means it uses the Signaling Server to aquire the time from the NTP Server.

Daylight savings time can then be set in LD2 for Digital sets but must ALSO be set in LD117 (ZDST) and enabled against the zone for all IP Phone Zones. ZDST will require Month Day Week Time for start and end of Daylight savings time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back