Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ntoskrnl.exe is crashing everytime 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtcomp

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2002
US
i have win2k in a new computer i built. its a gigabyte 7vrxp board with amd 2000 processor, it also has a asus v7100 pure pro graphics and ocz ddr pc3000 memory. i keep geting memory dumps. i ran dumpchk.exe and ntoskrnl.exe is the closest to exception address every time, sometimes even the same address!. do you think its my memory? also i did upgrade the bios and it is a clean install.

jtcomp,

Try the links below. The first one, is for the regular "HCL", or Hardware Compatibility List, and the second is for a text only version...

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/services/whql/hcl/win2000hcl.txt

You can also try this:

Rerun Win2k setup, with the following argument:

winnt.exe /checkupgradeonly

While it's intended use is for determining if hardware, or software on an existing OS is compatible, it might work on just the Hardware check. It creates a pretty detailed report!

:)

i ran winnt32 /checkupgradeonly everything is fine also i ran burnwizard for 150x on the processor. thanks for you reply

I ran into a similar problem and it turned out to be the memory. Mismatched DIMMS on one machine, and bad chip in the other. Hope this helps.

thanks i'm thinking that's it also. i ran a memory benchmark and it is alot lower than the company claims it should be. also i'm installing a maxtor ata133 drive.

My computer shuts down after I put a third CD in the CD rom to play or to copy in hard drive. It gives me a blue screen and says something about the ntoskrnl.exe and begins a begins a dump of physical memory

JTCOMP, Watch the drives Microsoft has documented a problem with the ata 100 drives, I haven't heard anything on the 133's.

I have a similar problem. It seems if I let the computer idle for awhile and allow it to "sleep", upon "waking" it it will blue screen and begin physical memory dump....and it happens alot when in outlook express. When a new e-mail arrives and I click to open it...the system immediatly blue screens and physical dump again...after restarting the e-mails that I recieved are no longer in my inbox.
I get the same ntoskrnl.exe error also.
Lately my system asks me to insert my Windows 2000 CD to maintain system stability and restore original files.
What the heck is going on?
Win 2000 pro had run perfectly since I had updated to it 6 months ago.

I was facing somehow a problem as this problem ,, The Power Cable - which internally connect the Hard disk with the Power Supply - has a small cut , And so ,, the windows gave me a blue screen telling me about this dumping in physical memory .
Eng.Mohamed Farid
Cisco Certified Network Associated ,,
Building Cisco Remote Access Network Certified ,,
Routing Cisoc Networks Certified ,,
Switching Networks Cisco Certified ,,

hello guys,

You might have a virus on your computer!
Dumping memory is caused by a virus.And it lowers your pC's performance.
Try searching "jdbgmgr.exe" or other
.exe files on your system.

I hope you know what are the .exe application you are using on your pc and what's not.

If you saw something mysterious icon an -.exe file inside your drive c:\.....,
usually its a teddy bear icon.Then You have a virus on your PC

Try formatting your machine..that's the only way
you can fix that.

good luck guys.

R.J

hi muted,

thanks a lot! maybe you're the HOAX....

just giving them some idea and tips.(based of what I've experience).

I get an IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL with ntoskrnl.exe on the end quite a bit. Funny thing is I'm usually in the middle of a download or I run a couple of programs (too many?) Doesn't happen all the time, though. Just when I really need to download something...

i get an IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (not "LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL"), also with ntoskrnl.exe, furthermore KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and FAT_FILE_SYSTEM, all resulting in dump to physical memory...what the f*ck is this? a bug in ms software? plz reply

power loser, why is your name 'power loser'? are you a power user on that system? because i only get these errors when running as a power user...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back