Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ntoskrnl.exe damage and won't start w2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

jupiter3000

Technical User
Aug 21, 2002
VE
when we did an uninstall of symantec antivirus then we reboot the server and bang! got a black screen with a message that promp to reinstall a fresh coopy of ntoskrnl.exe.... so we did and still same.... any clue.

I am assuming you are using win2k.
Run the windows setup again and choose the repair existing installation option and follow the rest of the instructions when prompted.

hope this helps u
bye
ajay

Success is a Journey not a Destination

thanks guys ip but for the help,...
ajaxr I follow your tip and still same, also did check the boot.ini as glen sugested andit show windows XP and I{m using windows 2000 server. any clue

andit show windows XP
Make sure the boot ini file says Windows 2000. If it says XP, then it won't work. If it says XP, change it.

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884
"Watson, the game is afoot!" [pipe]

Glen,
is working now...........! :)

Thank you all.

P.d. one thing its working 100% after reinstall windows 200 server. But thanks any way..... keep up the good work.!!!

[2thumbsup]
Good.

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884
"Watson, the game is afoot!" [pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back