Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTML Athentification

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICISYD

Programmer
Dec 18, 2002
GB
Is there an API or a control that will automatically generate the correct NTML authentification string?

Perhaps you can clarify exactly what it is you want to achieve? For example, do you mean the NTLM authentication string that should be sent to a webserver if you choose "NTLM Authentication" in IE6? Or do you mean something else?

If the former, then the following - although not in VB - may be of interest:

I am trying to make an application that can generate the correct NTLM string for the handshake between the proxy and my program. The program i am making, will hopefully act as a proxy on my computer that will give other programs access to the internet. It currently uses winsock and i can get my browser to connect to the internet through it, because it does all the NTML authentification for me, but i cannot do other programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back