Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTLoader missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSponge

Technical User
Jul 2, 2003
GB
Also on chkdsk its says it found one or more errors on disk,

is this a hardware failure?

please direct me to another forum if this is in the wrong place?

A+,Network +

That could be an indication of a hard drive going bad or is bad. A sector (or multiple) sectors may be permanately damaged. Is there any clicking noises, etc...?

That is generally not a good message to receive.

Regards.

Erik

I tried a few things, even fixing the boot record,

there is no clicking noise at all, it seems to hum quite happily...

Its the first time I have come accross this,

A+,Network +

I have seen this error when I leave a thumbdrive or external HD plugged in to the USB ports. If that is the case, unplug it and reboot.

Have you tried using the repair console and the fixMBR program.

It world not me when i had invalid or missing MBR error , I beleive there is another repair option if you do HELP it will show you.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you.

It world not me
WTF - well it is friday, I meant to say "It worked for me" ... when i had .. etc..

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you.

repair console I cant get into,

it just asks which OS I want to repair, and flashes the C prompt..

never understood the repair console, it never works

anyway the windows files were corrupt, I slaved the hard drive and repaired from there,

thanks people

A+,Network +

glad you sorted it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back