Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTLDR Missing After Auto Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2002
US
I have a Proliant 5500 Dual Xeon 500 server, with a Compaq 2DH Controller (boot raid 5) and a Adaptec 3210S controller running Windows 2000 Server. I have also tried Win NT 4 to no avail. Here is the problem:

Anywhere between a couple of days, to a couple of hours, the computer just shuts down to the screen of "It is now safe to turn off your computer" and when you reboot, it sometimes is missing the ntldr and "root of c: files (IO.SYS, MSDOS.SYS, etc" This is getting really old, since it is a file server. Wierd thing is, some of our workstations do the same thing. Has anyone ran into that?

Thanks in advance.

Billy Priest

Looks to me like a virus or trojan problem, or something rotten with the harddisks/storage. But explore the virus route first.

We had this a while ago. Use an up to date scanner, and you will probably find KLEV32 virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back