Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ntkern.vxd device loader error (code 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asadriano

MIS
Nov 28, 2000
US
I have the following configuration;
PowerSpec 5132, PII 233Mhz, 196Mb RAM, WIN98 SE.
I am unable to setup my Ezonics EZCamII USB device. When checking the device manager, I discovered that the "Intel 82371AB PCI to USB" device is not working correctly. The following error message is displayed in the above device's properties. "The ntkern.vxd device loaders for this device could not load this device driver (code 2)." I've loaded the most current drivers for the EZCamII USB. I've deleted and reinstalled the faulty device. I've also extracted the ntkern.vxd from the WIN98SE CD (cab#54). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try enabling usb keyboard support in the BIOS or deleting APM from Device Manager.

Did you ever find a solution to your USB camera problem? I'm having exactly the same problem with the same camera.

Same problem here, I just bought an EZcamII (yeah right) and I have never seen such a screwd up installation process..... ntkern.vxd (code 2)...... If anyone has a solution please reply.

THANKS!

While researching another problem, I came across article Q299264 in the Microsoft KnowledgeBase. It talks about re-extracting USB drivers. I don't know if it will help, but you could try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back