Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTFS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrispybee

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
GB
Hi Guys,

I've been told that Citrix uses FAT32 for Client Network Drives. Can you tell me if this is the case or can it use NTFS?

I have never heard of this. All my clients always uses NTFS and their drives are mapped fine under NTFS. To Citrix the client drive is just a mapping it doesn't care what the underlying filesystem is.

I'am also being told that Citrix uses Fat for Permissions not NTFS. Can you tell me if this is the case.

I really need to find this out.

Like itsp965, that is complete nonsense., To be honest to much client drive stuff will slow your system down. That data wants to be on a server if it is that important.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Here's an interesting one. If you let Citrix Map a client drive, right click and select properties. Here is shows the file system as FAT and no security settings..

Intersting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back