Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTDW65 MC32S MEDIA CARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyLady1960

Technical User
Mar 2, 2010
CA
Does anyone know the purpose of the Compact Flash in the MC32S. I am able to boot up and register the card with a blank CF. I explored the CF files in another MC32S and found 1 folder and 6 files in it. wonder how it landed there.

For most Media MC32 cards that I know of such as Miran 3, ITG Trunk / Media the Compact Flash card holds the software which by default is usually called "exec". If the Compact Flash card has a "exec" file and nothing else, then it will extract the required folders on boot up as the boot up sequence will look for any exec file present.

I'm guessing that your MC32 card was already programmed with data and some of it was stored within the cards memory. From what I recall, there should be some small files that contain the IP parameters such as a bootp file and the older media cards would have contained IP Phone firmware.

Miran 3 CF cards could contain music/announcement files etc.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Aren't those files pushed there from the initial registration with the PBX/Call Server?

Thankyou FirebirdScrambler, I was asking about the MC32S. What you mentioned is true for the MC32.

Thankyou Janaya, No the files are not pushed there during the initial registration with the PBX/CS.

Download the IPL75017.mc32s (or the mc32s software for your PBX) from the Avaya website or copy it from the PBX. Rename the IPL75017.mc32s as IPL75017.zip and extract the files from it. Copy the extracted files to the CF, insert the CF into the MC32S and boot up. The MC32S now has the latest software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back