Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTDW61 Can Not Boot From Faceplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash4723

Vendor
Jul 27, 2011
US
I am trying to reset a 5.5 system by installing fresh new software. I have the software RMD in the front face plate. When the system is turned on it asks me if I want to boot from the front faceplate drive and a bunch of dots progress across the screen. In the past I have just hit the "F" key and the dots stop and the system boots from the front faceplate drive. I have two DW61's that I got in today that doesn't seem to let me hit the "F" key. The little dots just keep progressing until the end where the system then begins booting for the FDD. What the heck? I have the dip switch set to "CF Master". One card came in as a signaling server with a HDD on it, removed the HDD, set the dip switch over to "CF Master". Both cards do the same thing. I've reset about 75 systems in this manner before and have yet to come across this issue.

Any help is appreciated. As a side note, we got these two cards from Israel. If I remove the on board CF then the card boots from the faceplate by default, but will not start the software installation due to there not being any CF to install on.

Do you have the nomenclature of the card.
I know there is a new DW99(CA) that has a different boot process and heard of a similar DW61.

Sure that your terminal conection is good (Transmitting the F to the Card), if yes I would go with KCFLHRC and wipe the CF.

Yeah, I loaded a blank CF and attempted again. The system just freezes as if it does not know to look at the RMD for boot. Remove the CF and the card automatically boots from the RMD. Both cards are NTDW61BAE5. I've dealt with the NTDW99CA and it's issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back