Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTDW59 CPMG DDR2 Memory / Ram Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

accumatt

Vendor
Jun 15, 2005
US

We took in a NTDW59 out of service but it came without the ddr2 memory sticks on them. I've been browsing the forums and found that the memory isn't proprietary and that any will work but also within the forums some people said that they've had cards not work with certain memory so I am just curious if anyone can verify which memory WILL work? Perhaps something specific you use without issues.

The older 1GB Nortel ram can be found but it's not exactly cheap and generic memory is pretty inexpensive.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Or does anyone know if the N0222233 / 700502320 memory upgrade kit (from a NTDW59BB) will work in a NTDW59BA? No reason to believe it won't but curious.

nah. It should work just fine. did you try to just reseat the existing memory? This was an issue with the sig servers. Try this first before ordering. If you need to order, you can try Paragon Communications, out of upper NE, or Calisto Comm out of STL, or ebay.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

@janaya Thanks for the reply. They came in with zero existing memory is the problem so trying to get something that works in it. Any particular ram you've used in the past that you know works fine?

I know I've used Crucial and IBM sticks in the past just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back