Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTDS Replication: Event ID's 1083 & 2041

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascore55

Technical User
Nov 24, 2004
EU
My organization has been experiencing replication issues over the last few days. We are getting 1083 errors,

"Active Directory could not update the following object with changes received from the domain controller at the following network address because Active Directory was busy processing information.

Object:
CN=john.doe,OU=WED,OU=CH,DC=MCDONALDS,DC=COM
Network address:
fddc3a34-bff5-449c-90d8-xxxxxxxxxxx._msdcs.xxxx.xx.xxx

This operation will be tried again later.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
These are often times preceeded by or coupled with 2041 errors, representing duplicate log entries.

"Duplicate event log entries were suppressed.

See the previous event log entry for details. An entry is considered a duplicate if the event code and all of its insertion parameters are identical. The time period for this run of duplicates is from the time of the previous event to the time of this event.

Event Code:
8000043b
Number of duplicate entries:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
I also get the occasional 1308 KCC error, although this does not occur with with as much frequency as the others.

I changed the replication interval from the default of 15 mins to 60 minutes. But upon replication all 3 of my DC's are experiencing the same issues.

I have run the hotfix supplied in MS Article 834926 on all 3 DC's and rebooted each after hours, but the errors reared their ugly heads upon replication at 0900.

Any ideas?

EventID.Net did pop up in one of my searches, the site only gives you minimal information unless you pay a fee. If you are a member and want to run a search that would be great. I transferred the PDC Emulator roles one of my other DC's that doesn't see too much action and this has decreased the issue significantly. I tried this because I am receiving the errors when users are attempting to change their passwords. Thanks for the reply and let me know if you have anything else. [morning]

What kind of performance are you seeing on your DCs? High CPU and/or memory utilization?

I notice heavy memory utilization on one of my DC's. Average of 40 page faults/sec, but only 0.4 pages/sec. Processor, about 540 interrupts/sec is the only thing that stands out. The servers have 2.5GHz processors and 3.75GB of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back