Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTDK15AB -Option 11C power

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIO3

MIS
Nov 14, 2007
NG
Hi all,
I need assistance on what to do with a situation I have at hand. The AC power supply unit (NTDK15AB) of my Option 11C mini PABX (NTDK91BB) is faulty and it appear Nortel does not produce this unit (NTDK15AB) as spare because all vendors/Nortel partners are telling me is that I have to buy a new NTDK19BB just to get the AC power unit out it to use.I only need the AC power Unit not the entire option 11C mini.
Does any one know if Nortel produces the NTDK15AB as spare? Is there any other form of powering the PABX?

I'm not sure if the power unit on the CS1000 / Succession chassis item code NTDU14DA uses the same power unit?.

Normally we would replace the whole chassis. I seem to recall that the Option 11c mini expansion cabinet used the same power unit.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

The 11 mini power supply is not field replaceable

Thank you guys for your inputs. I am just wondering how come the gurus at Nortel did design/build the NTDK91BB, made it only for AC power supply and do not even made provision for the making Spares of the AC power supply unit (NTDK15AB). Whenever this AC power unit goes bad, one has to buy the entire option 11C unit just to get a replacement AC power supply unit. Waoo

Just for clarification the Option 11 Mini is not an Option 11 C. The 11 C power supply is field replaceable.

I personally think it came down to economics and that they did not want field tech's removing the PCB's from the system. I have had to do the same thing you did, buy a whole chassis, remove the PS and throw the case away. It is a wastefull way to do things.

Yes, it is indeed wasteful to throw the entire Box away after removing the power unit. I wonder how many times one has to buy the unit just to replace another faulty AC power supply unit. I have three of the option 11C mini system running every time.

KCFLHRC - is it possible to uprade from the option 11C mini to option 11C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back