Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTBackup with DLT Tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2002
DE
Hi.

I wanna use ntbackup on a windows 2000 server to backup data to a dlt tape. i set up a task to backup every night. but ntbackup don't use the inserted tapes. only for first time of the scheduled job the data will be written to tape. the next time the job should run ntbackup don't take the inserted tape for example the monday tape.
have anyone a idea what i should do that ntbackup use each tape every monday, tuesday,......

thanks

what you mean when you say "it doesn't use the inserted tape" is there any error message ?

can you manually invoke a backup say c:\temp right now ?

JK

ntbackup use the inserted tape at the first monday. one week later it tells me that there isn't any formatted tape in the dlt streamer. i think there is a problem with handle the tapes in the library. but i can't find a solution.
thanks for any help

HomerJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back