Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTBackup Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBarn2

MIS
Apr 19, 2002
US
Does anyone have any Disaster Recovery proceedures for a Bare Metal restore from tape using NTBackup to create tapes? My main issue is making NTBackup recognize a tape that it did not create. I can't find anything helpful in the MS Knowledge Base.

Thanks!!!

RedBarn2

What created the tape? I've recently used the latest version of Acrserve Brightstor, it would recognize most major formats... Of course, this is something you would have to buy...

Matt

I'm trying to use NTBackup to create my backups, and they are good backups to my knowledge, however when I attempt to recover data from these tapes I get very confused on how to import a tape that was created by another 2000 Server using NTBackup. I am trying to figure this out when I have time instead of waiting for a server to go down and fumble with it then.

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back