Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ntbackup not working - scheduler problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK79

Technical User
Aug 12, 2001
GB
Hi there,

I have a Windows XP box containing some important data & have installed an old hd to act as a simple backup. After configuring the backup program, I configured the schedule to start on Sunday nights at 9:00pm.

For some reason, this hasn't worked. Even when I go into the scheduler and try to manually run the job, nothing happens. Do any of you have any ideas why this could be happening?

I have a similar problem with one particular ntbackup job. I have a total of almost 10 ntbackups scheduled on two servers but for some reason the job which backs up my Sql backup folder stopped running. Task scheduler says the job ran fine, event viewer shows no record of the job at all and when I pull up the ntbackup report it is completely blank. I know that the backup wasn't performed because the "last date modified" of the actual backup file is almost a month ago.

If you or anyone else knows what is going on I'd really like to know. I'm at the point now where I'm gonna just fork out the cash for a third-party backup program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back