Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTBackup & Scheduling it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

trotter

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
CA
Anyone now of a simple program or a script I can run so that the Backup can run unattended, I'm backing up 3 Drives on the Server..
Thanks.

Veritas: Backup Exec
works good Greg

K & G Design
kgdesign@warwick.net

I need to use NT Backup for now until I get an OK from the Boss $$$$$$$
Do you know how to run a schedule trhrough NTBACKUP>

Use either the AT scheduler (need to go to the command prompt to do this) or the Task Scheduler (this will be under My Computer, but will only exist if you have Internet Explorer installed on the server).

Task Scheduler has a normal Windows type interface, so you should be able to work it out.

AT scheduler requires a bit of DOS knowlege. If you have Task Scheduler, AT scheduler will not work.

Check that which ever schedular is enabled in the services.

With both you will first need to set up a batch file which runs NTBackup, then schedule this batch file to run at your required time.

On one of your NT servers, click start and help, then in the index type Backup. Here you will find the commands to put into a batch file which in turn can be scheduled. I can't remember how to reference a tape drive but I'm sure It can be done this way.

Advise me how you got on.

Cheers.

Take a look at this post :
thread55-155169

Yannick

I used to use NTBackup for my backup's successfully. It worked very well but I just grew more needs. If you go to the command prompt and type "ntbackup /?" up pops a help file on the command lines needed. You can also use to backup your Exchange Server, which I still do, providing the backup drive is on your Exchange server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back