Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTAuthority \System shut down 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

willdwilly

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
CA
What does this mean ? I was working on the computer when this box popped up say to save all work as windows was shutting because , near as I can remember, NT Authority\system Remote Procedure call Service Terminated , while typing this it happened again giving 80 seconds to shut down, I went and changed the date to August 1 , and now the box says , Time to shut down: 9 days. What gives ?Kelly

Hi,

Just had to re-install Win XP pro on to a computer due to an unrelated problem and before I had the chance to install any security or update I was infected with this worm.

Will be making a copy of all of the installed critical updates and patches to be installed prior to establishing any internet connections in the future so I don't get caught out by this again.

I find this type of attack extremely worrying as it is not spread via email but through the internet itself which means a heck of alot of computers are going to get hit by this as I know lots of people who don't even have a basic firewall setup let alone virus detection software, I think this is just the beginning of this type of attack so every time a new clean installed system connects to the internet to download windows updates it is going to be infected if not by Blaster then by some other future worm/virus.

Here is a link for the removal tool from SOPHOS for Blaster

does this only affect WXP machines, or are other OS's going to get infected too?

thanks
luni

someone once told me to shut up...

as far as I know Windows 2000 and Windows NT are also infected (win 2k for sure I was infected running it)

All Window NT/2k/2003/XP ..
But iF ur window 98 have DCOM installed .. it may also get the RPC Virus..

TODAY,

The worm apparently also has affected your keyboard!

Restart your computer and immediately Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager. Look for Msblast.exe, highlight it, and hit the "End Task" button on the bottom right.

Start IE, and look through this site towards the bottom for removal instructions and patch sites: thread779-627674

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back