Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NTAuthority \System shut down 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

willdwilly

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
CA
What does this mean ? I was working on the computer when this box popped up say to save all work as windows was shutting because , near as I can remember, NT Authority\system Remote Procedure call Service Terminated , while typing this it happened again giving 80 seconds to shut down, I went and changed the date to August 1 , and now the box says , Time to shut down: 9 days. What gives ?Kelly

I just had a siliar problem occur. This could be the XP activation issue. The user must call Microsoft (Mickeysoft) and activate the OS officially.

[lightsaber]

Start, Run, eventvwr.msc

You really have to look in the logs for me details about the error.

Post the detail here.

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 800706BA from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemmobj.cpp

Error report states as above.

Not sure what to look for,
Error 8/11/2003 12:56:46: PM VSS None 8193 N/A
" " " " EventSystem (50) 4069

Is this what you want? And What is a LSASS.exe error
Kelly

Install or enable a firewall immediately.

Run an updated virus scan.
Or Scan for Viruses online:

Also be sure to update immediatly to prevert this in the future:

This will tell you more:

Just had this problem with a user. It is spyware trying to connect to the internet and the install or in our case uninstall did not work. Look for Gator and it's "Offer Companion" for one and uninstall them both.
Then download and install "Spybot" from security.kolla.de
Run the scanner to see how much spyware and adware has been installed and clean it up.

Try early and often pounding of the F8 key. You want to use the "Last Known Good" configuration option.

If that does not work, I can only guess. Some anti-virus software can run from a DOS session even with NTFS disks. If yours is able to do this start there.

If no joy, do a registry replacement. This requires booting from the XP CD and hitting the first R(epair) choice you receive in order to access the Recovery Console. See this site and print out all of the instructions found there:
If still no joy you need to do a maintenance re-install of XP. You will not lose your data or applications but you will lose your Service Packs and Hotfixes:

The main problem was it wouldnt give you enough time to run any virus scanner etc before the shutdown kicked in.

But installing microsofts security updates seems to fix the problem.

Wether or not it is a virus I can't be certain as a scan reveals no virus on system.

My guess it is a port attack of some sort, I also am not certain wether the security patch alone or the combined spyware removal and the patch has fixed it.

I will investigate further as my second machine still has the problem and I havnt attempted to fix that one yet.

By the way, Microsoft offers two versions of the patch for Windows XP. 32 bit and 64 bit.
if you don't know which version of the patch to install, I believe that the 64 bit version of Windows XP is considered Windows XP 2003. Anything earlier would be a 32 bit Windows XP. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Many thanks to all who responded. It was W32.Blaster virus and it totaly crippled me, had to format and even then had some problems.Finaly running again. Thanks Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back