Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT5D97 with Dual Daughterboard D-Channels Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTI620

Vendor
Oct 20, 2003
US
Installed two cards both with the correct daughterboards, but neither of them is functioning. Here is how they are programmed. Loops are 38, 39 and 44 I have only shown one of the 3 d's but they are all the same. Did I miss something?

ADAN DCH 4
CTYP MSDL
GRP 1
DNUM 4
PORT 0
DES
USR PRI
DCHL 38
OTBF 32
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
IFC NI2
ISDN_MCNT 300
CLID OPT0
CO_TYPE STD
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID **
RCAP COLP
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
T310 120
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7
BSRV NO

did you make sure the device number is right on the daughter borards and if i remember right a switch on the card itself is a yes or no for that daughter board.. be carefull with the device number settings, that is an interupt and will take a switch down in a heartbeat..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Maybe I am way off base here. NT5D97 is Dual PRI/DTI 2mg card (E1 service)
Your IFC is NI2 which I think is usually for T1 (1.5mg) service.

oops you are correct it is not a 97 it is a 12 Dual PRI Card. The book gives a very poor description of the functionality of dip switch number 8 it might be the co that I am connecting to. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

what vintage of card.

there is a known problem with succession 4.x and pri cards. vintage must be at least AH. etas is supposed to be clearing this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back