Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT5D61AA IODU\C remove and reseat procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbasaur

Technical User
Aug 13, 2012
US
Hey, can somebody with experience removing and reinstalling an NT5D61AA (and maybe the CPU card)in an OPT 81C post the correct procedure? I have an IODU\C in core 0 that is unresponsive. It shows disabled and will not come up. Neither the HDD or floppy disk seem to be working. The Nortel procedure in 553-3001-510 says to "Unseat, then reinstall it. Would that be while it is still powered up? I doubt it. I'm thinking I should swap/move everything to core 1 first, put core 1 in maint mode, then disable the IODU\C and CPU card, remove and reseat. Re-enable both and watch the fireworks. Please advise. Thanks.

Yes, with power up.
The procedure is in 553-3001-520 in the book I have

Yeah, I've read that, however, that has to do with replacing an IODU/C. If I just want to re-seat it, I guess I would just put it back in after disabling it, re-enable it and it will boot back up? (Hopefully)

Cool beans. Worth a try early tomorrow morning.
Thanks KCFLHRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back