Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT5D12 VINTAGE QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

seatech

Vendor
Apr 7, 2009
US
We are converting our T1s to PRIs and will be using the NT5D12 DDP for the PRIs with the NTBK51AA D-Channel Daughterboards.

The system we are installing it on is an 81C Succession 5.0

Product bulletins say the cards have to be an AH vintage and although these have AH vintage stickers on the faceplate (over an AA label) I am doubting that they really are AH cards. I was thinking the true AH cards had blue dip switches and these have red dip switches like the older vintages.

Anyone know a way to ID these cards or tell if what vintage they really are? I don't think you can ID them in LD 32 and they show "unavailable" when I do a card inventory.

Thanks

GHTROUT

I did this. This is what I was referring to when I said I did a card inventory. Here is what it showed for the PRI cards:

PRI, 36, <Unavailable>
PRI, 37, <Unavailable>
PRI, 40, <Unavailable>
PRI, 41, <Unavailable>

I was told that if the cards are AG Rls3 or AH vintages it would show them on this report. I would love to have verification of this.

Thanks as always for the reply.

I have seen that inventory response before:

PRI, 36, <Unavailable>
PRI, 37, <Unavailable>
PRI, 40, <Unavailable>
PRI, 41, <Unavailable>

And it was when dealing with AA vintage cards.

rstew3 and all,

I have since been able to verify that it will show the part number, vintage, and serial number on AG and AH cards when you do a card inventory. This may come in handy if you are adding PRI cards for the first time to later releases with Fiber Networks.

The older vintages definitely cause problems with the Fiber rings and backplane errors.

Thanks for all the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back