Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT5D12 dip switch Settings, PRI/D Channel won't come up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttcoastie

Technical User
Jun 10, 2005
US
I am programming a PRI on a 61C, I can't get the DChannel to come up. Does any one have Dip switch settings for the NT5D12 Dual PRI card?

Thanks,

The NT5D12 card is equipped with 6x2 sets of DIP switches for trunk parameters settings for port0 and port1 respectively. Additionally, the NT5D12 card is equipped with one set of four DIP switches for the Ring Ground setting and one set of eight DIP switches for the D-channel Handler
parameters setting.
The DIP switches are used for setting of default values of certain parameters.
The general purpose switches are read by the firmware which sets the default values accordingly.

A per trunk set of four DIP switches provides the default setting for operational modes. Switch set S9 is used for Trunk 0. Switch set S15 is used for Trunk 1.

General purpose switch settings:

Switch Description S9/S15 Switch Setting
1 Framing Mode OFF - ESF ON - SF
2 Yellow Alarm Method OFF - FDL ON - Digit2
3 Zero Code Suppression Mode OFF - B8ZS ON - AMI
4 Unused OFF

Trunk interface switches
Transmission Mode
A per trunk switch provides selection for T1 transmission.
Description S4/S10 Switch Setting
For future use. OFF
T1 ON

Line Build Out
A per trunk set of three switches provides selection between 0, 7.5 or 15 dB values.

Description Switch Setting
S5/S11 S6/S12 S7/S13
0 dB OFF OFF OFF
7.5 dB ON ON OFF
15 dB ON OFF ON

Trunk interface receiver impedance switch settings:

Description S8/S14 Switch Setting
75 ? OFF OFF ON OFF
100 ? ON OFF OFF ON
120 ? OFF OFF OFF ON

Ring ground switches
A set of four DIP switches selects which Ring lines are connected to ground.

Switch Description S2 Switch Setting
1 Trunk 0 Transmit OFF - Ring line is not grounded ON - Ring line is grounded
2 Trunk 0 Receive OFF - Ring line is not grounded
ON - Ring line is grounded
3 Trunk 1 Transmit OFF - Ring line is not grounded
4 Trunk 1 Receive OFF - Ring line is not grounded

what is the d doing? i always bring it up to a loop back if i am having problems.. it will not stay but it comes up the does a rls wronge mode.. make sure after you program a d you go to 96 and do a dis msdl x all ont he card, then enl msdl fdl, that loads the new software on the card.. you will get an sdl 100, if things are working right

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

One of the DIP switch settings appears to be missing. Look on the NT5D12 for setting but it would be the 8 position switch for Dchannel. It will let card to use daughterboard or external MSDL card.

Sidvic,

Thanks for the Dip switch settings, Would you have the options for S3?

JohnPoole,

The d is either AEST, or RLS depending on my DCH configuration options. The CO is set to NI2, STD.

I have a DDCH on the NT5D12. I am thinking I have it optioned incorrectly.

Just a thought, but have you configured the DCH in load 17?

Here is one possible example:

The D-channel is built and administered in load 17. This example shows the new D-channel configuration. The bold text shows that the clock source is external, the new D-channel is associated with loop 19, and the bandwidth allocation for the D-channel is 64 KC.

Note: The bandwidth allocation for the D-channel is set with the D-channel transmission rate (DRAT) prompt.

ADAN DCH 1
CTYP MSDL
DNUM 9
PORT 2
DES LOOP19
USR PRI
DCHL 19
OTBF 127
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT

IFC D100
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID **
RCAP ND2
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7

Also, not knowing if you have other PRI circuits or not, have you enabled ISDN in load 15? In the Customer Database (CDB) there is an option you must enable to use digital circuits within the system. To do this, set the ISDN prompt to YES.

does your trunk say d-channel signaling? if not you need to turn on isdn in the cdb. how do you know the trouble is on your end? TRY TO BRING IT UP TO A LOOP_BACK.. if the d comes up and releases then your usually right. another thing unless your lcnt is clear, and you don't have a red alarm, it will not come up

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back