Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT5B01 6X16 and NT5B10DE keeps blinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobidoy

Technical User
Oct 12, 2006
CA
We have an old 616 here and would like to have caller id on so, we replaced our NT5B10CB Software cartridge for a NT5B10DE but, lights on phone keeps blinking.

Any idea why and what I could try out ?

On a 616 KSU you also need a C6 caller ID unit. They might be hard to find.

Well first did you place the old software cartridge back in and see if it would come back up on it

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Yes when I put the old unit back in, it works... The thing is, the cartridge is DS and the unit is not....

I looked on ebay and a C6 is going for $350 or make them an offer. Be sure to order the C6 as the M8 will not work on the 6x16.

For $350 you may want to consider a CICS with a CLID card....I've seen those on ebay for less expense than the actual C6 unit,'

just my opinion....

Be sure to order the C6 as the M8 will not work on the 6x16." ???

In my experience, the M8 will work with a 616 fine, just use the first 6 pairs from the Amphenol connector. Both the C6 and M8 will need one station port on the KSU. In my region, there are more M8 units available in aftermarket channels than the c6, so I only keep M8 units on hand for shop stock.

Back in 2000 I had ordered an expensive C6 for my 8x24 system thinking I could get it to work, but it didn't. I took it to another local Nortel rep. and he couldn't get the C6 working on the 8x24 either. So we called Nortel tech. support and they told me that the C6 is solely for the 6x16 and the M8 is for the 8x24. Sorry, just listing my past experiences with the device.

But actually now that I think about it, I didn't try the M8 on the 6x16....I see what you are saying now....sorry for the brain freeze, LONG MONDAY already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back