Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT4 DC's & NB 6.51

Status
Not open for further replies.

keendean

MIS
Sep 16, 2005
GB
Hello

I'm looking after an enviroment that is not mine, and I'm having to back up two legacy NT4 Dc's.
I'm running NB 6.51, and I'm having a few problems backing up the servers without the NB client crashing. Is the latest 6.51 client compatible with Nt4?
Is anyone else still backing up NT4 Dc's? If so which client crsion am I best off running, also any tips relating to actually restoring the SAM Db, it's a flat Db if I remember? I'm trying to remember :)

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the NBU client is not compatible with NT4. I was looking to backup an old NT4 box and I read somewhere that NBU client 6.5 only works with Win2k and greater.

Sorry, I don't recall where I read that.

Here's what you do. NT 4.0 is compatible with NBU 5.1 MP4 so run that on your DC's. NBU 6.5 will play nice with NBU 5.1 MP4. It should work well that way for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back