Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT4.0 - Login nicht mehr möglich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpm73

Technical User
Nov 26, 2003
GB
Hello,

ich habe einen pc NT4.0 SP6a mit Netware Client 4.8SP2...
dieser pc läuft tagelang problemlos... plötzlich kommt beim booten
nach dem login (eingabe des pwd´s) die meldung:
"a required network service has not started"... und man kann sich nicht mehr einloggen... der pc "steht"...
nicht einmal mit disabled ethernet karte, offline profile, abgestecktem ethernet kabel, vga modus...

ein reinstall des gesamten pc´s von cd (image) behebt das problem für tage... doch ich hatte dieses problem schon wieder...

hdd check brachte keinen fehler, auch auf einem andere switch port
funktioniert der pc nicht oder die festplatte in einem anderen gleicher pc type nicht...(ausser ein reinstall...)

thanks for your help...
regards,
martin.

Martin,

Sorry my German is non existent so hope you will understand this. I am going on a quick translation of your message to English from babelfish.altavista.com and think I know what has happened.

Login as administrator, then go to Start menu -> Programs -> Administrative Tools (Common) -> Event Viewer.
From there, you should be able to find out which service has not started.
Then, post it back here as different services not starting will cause different problems.

John

yes, but the problem is i cannot logon...
as if i start the pc (vga modus, ethernet card disabled, network cable not connect, offline modus, ...) and enter the password, nothing happens and the pc is hanging...

regards,
martin.

Are you logging into the local machine (use the Novell client's "Login to workstation only" option so it won't attempt to connect to the server).

John

i know this, sorry, but if i activate workstation only,
enter the password (for NT logon only) the pc hangs...
if i try to change the NT domain to local pc name,
the pc also hangs... (hourglass)...

Do this with the network cable plugged in, that way if DHCP is trying to get an IP address it won't fail.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back