Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT while booting giving Physical dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaustubh

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2001
US
Pl let me know how to solve this problem. I tried to intall nt 4.0 many time, even though having same problem. While booting , it throws physical dum and asking me to do crashdump.

How to solve this problem. i changed Memory and Motherboard too.

It's having 256 MD RAM and Petium III 770 MHZ Intel Mother board.

Hi,

- Is all of your hardware in the HCL ?

- Did you get some error messages during file copy setup phase ? ie : file missing

- Did you supply extra drivers during mass storage detection ?

Franck

Without details its hard to help you. However, I did have a problem one time loading Windows NT 4.0 server on hardware with 1GB of ram. It would blue screen during the installation.

I found out that if I removed some of the RAM (to 256MB), the install went fine. Then after, I had the install complete with SP5, I added the physical ram back in the server.

Maybe this is your problem...? Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

Hi,Thanks, Still i am working on it, I suspect might be a hard disk problem. i did replaced it today , After insytallinfg it , I will let you know. thanks,

gopal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back