Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT user to mailbox map error "Insufficient System Resouces"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonS2150

Technical User
Dec 10, 2002
US
Problem just began to occur with no obvious software/hardware or network changes. Unable to map a mailbox to an NT account via Exchange Administrator, on server or workstation using the select an existing NT account option under Primary Windows NT Account button.

I can create a mailbox and "create" an NT account. However when I try "select an existing account" option I receive the message "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." "Microsoft Windows NT" "ID no: 0xc00205aa". There is plenty available memory and the CPU usage percentage is minimal. Situation occurs even after a re-boot. I can create a user via User manager without a problem.

Loaded Exchange Admin 5.5 SP4 version on 2XP workstations and it will allow the action on one and fail on the other logged in with the same credentials. Reloaded Exchange Administrator on Windows 2000 W/S on which it was previously working; still gets same error.

Running Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Edition Build 2653.23: Service Pack 4 NT Enterprise Edition 4.0 Build 1381 SP6a HP LH3 Netserver; twin Pentium 500 processors; 1GB RAM; plenty of disk; Exchange Server has been running NAV for Exchange and ARCserveIT 6.61 for many months w/no problems. One of 10 servers in a modest organization.

It's very peculiar; I've been unable to find anything on this problem and received no hits thus far on Microsoft's forum. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks DonS2150

Is the MS Exchange System Attendant service running? I came across a similar problem once which was caused by this service being stopped. If someone annoys you, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes :eek:)

Thanks much for the tip, but the System Attendant is running.

It appears this problem was a known bug in NAV CE version 7.6.1 build 35. I loaded build 37B on the local domain and reloaded my PDC and BDC's and away the problem went. I have now downloaded the latest version 8 and will inquire of Symantec and/or put it up on the test network before deploying.

Thanks All DonS [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back