Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT to NT Migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hey all,

Does anyone have any advise on migrating users from one primary domain to another? Is there anyway to transfer the user accounts from one NT server to another? What problems may occur when creating the second primary domain? If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks all...

pesty

If you mean a second primary domain controller then it has to be another domain. Use trusts between the domains and then you don't need to migrate the users across and they can stay where they are...

Zel

Unfortunatly we have to separate the domains as our company is splitting in two. Thank you very much for your response.

Pesty

I havn't posted to this forum in quite some time and had to find out my handle and pass again.

If the company is going to be physically separate, just take a BDC which contains a copy of the users and put it up on its own. Promote it to PDC and wipe the users you don't want. Similarly on the original PDC too. If they are staying on the same network, just group them differently so that they can't see each other :).

Zel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back