Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT Throughput

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcurran1

Technical User
Sep 19, 2001
US
Enviorment: NT Compaq servers (6000/DL580/DL380) with NC6136 Gigabit 1000/full(driver just updated to latest ver) Backing up 3T of SQL,Zip, and flat files on a Scalar1000 shared jukebox with 26 Ait2 drives spread across 3 servers ( 2 storage nodes). Client machines are varied Compaqs, mostly NT clusters (NT4 and 2K), all with 100MB/full nics, no firewalls in between. Legato ver 6.1.1 and just recently 6.1.3.

Situation: across any of the storage nodes a variety of backups are presented to the drives, but I can only see 12MB/SEc total throughput at any time on any of the storage nodes giving a total throughput of 36MB/sec across all drives at any given instant.

Does any one get better throughput on this type of setup? The drives are all capable of 12MB/sec individually. I am wondering if I am hitting an OS limit on NT or Legato on NT.

I'd like to hear from the NT folks out there as to the throughputs you are getting. I know the Unix boys would be chomping at the bit to say "Get a Unix box to drive it". I may have to eventually but for now, thats not an option. I have a bottleneck somewhere and it would help to get some reference points.

What is your sever parallelsim set to? What are your target seesions set to for each of your tape drives?

Server parallelism is set to 96 and the drive target sessions are set to 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back