Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT Terminal Server 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiplash

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2001
US
Has anyone been sucessful in backing up a windows nt terminal server, running citrix? I was able to get two good backups and then when backup starts get a Dr Watson error concerning save.exe. Neither the registry or Repairdisk info backs up. Other areas do.

Hey,

Yeah, I have a few that I backup.. I haven't had too many problems... Question: Are the NetWorker services running under the local system account, or do you have it running under a user account? I seem to remember seeing something simiar on one of the servers, when the service was running under a user account (regardless of privs)...

using a local account, with appropriate rights. I'm stumped due to working on two backups, but the started getting Dr watson errors and no back ups of registry or repair disk

Legato says that they do not support Terminal Server.

We back it up, and get the same registry failures.
Be aware that the profiles also are not backed up, because
Networker includes them in the REGISTRY save set.

Running NT termserv. With Citrix Metaframe. Legato 6.0.1.
Everything backsup fine! What have I done right/wrong?

2shy: How do you have it set up? system rights or individual rights. Are you using some type of open file manager to eliminate all the open areas?, or are you possibly backing this one up off line?

Hey folks....

One more thing.. What client version are you running? Legato DOES appear to support Terminal Server in the NetWorker 6 environment. Check out the software compatibility guide at

All my Terminal Server clients are successfully backing up with the NetWorker 5.5.2 client, eventhough it's not supported.

Good luck!

none of our servers are backed up via a service account. All are just using local system account
Hope that helps.

We are having the same problem with Legato/NT Terminal Svr/Citrix/Dr. Watson. The cause of our problem seems to be McAfee AV. We load the Clients in the right order and everything works fine until we reboot.... the next time the backup runs after that, we DR. Watson...Testing at other AV programs now.

BTW, we are using St. Bernard OFM and that seemed to help.

jaminjim: Identical setup to ours and we experience the same result with McAfee. I've talked to them, but they are not much help. Even if you run LODCTR DSSDATA.INI, it gets rid of the McSheild Dr Watson error, but on re-boot you get a Dr Watson concerning save.exe....we're going to try Norton and see if we can get past this. Will advise you if you desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back