Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT Server Replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambo2k

MIS
Feb 7, 2001
CA
I am having trouble replicating servers. I recently took the PDC off line due to hardware fault and promoted the BDC to PDC, I also have another BDC which I am trying to replicate with the new PDC.
We have tried to force replication through server manager and have not had any luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There are a couple of things you should check, first off, I assume you are trying to replicate login scripts or some other thing in the repl directory on your server? If so, you need to make certain that the "To" and "from" servers are setup properly, and that the old PDC is not stil the control in the syncronization line up.... in other words the only server "offering" the files for sync. To help you any further I need the exact details of what you have done, and what it is you need it to do.... a few more specifics please.

Hope I can help,
SteelDragon

PSS ID Number: Q153719
Article last modified on 02-24-1999

I a similar circumstance this Tech Net article worked for me.

I found that one of my files on the PDC was corrupted. I renamed the file, it created a new one and we are off and running again. - Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back