Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT Logon Script on Win 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grrrowler

MIS
Mar 12, 2002
US
I'm setting up some of our first Windows 2K Professional workstations on our network which is using NT 4 DCs. We have logon scripts which are set in the user manager for domains. Each user has a home directory also set within the user manager. The logon scripts set this home directory with the command: net use h: /home >nul.

When the logon script runs on the Win 2K machines, it comes up with the following message: There are open files and/or incomplete directory searches pending on the connection to h:. Is it okay to continue disconnecting and force them closed? (Y/N)

If the user chooses Y, no H: drive will be mapped. If the user chooses N, the H: drive will be properly mapped. Is there any way around this without doing a major overhaul of the domain? Thanks for any and all advice.

try this :
net use h: /home /persistent:YES

Well, I think I figured this one out. It appears what was happening is that Win2K Pro was looking at the path to the Home directory specified in User Manager and mapping that drive. Then, the logon script also specified in User Manager was attempting to close the connection and re-map the drive. That's where the error message came in. Since we need the Home directory specified in User Manager and the mapping done through the logon script for our Win 98 machines, I've simply altered a logon script so that it doesn't call the mapping for the Home directory. I've assigned this to our few Win 2K users and that did it.

I PUT A PASS on my computer(windows2k) and i forgot it... is there a way to get iT????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back