Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT FS data to NetApp NTFS share recover problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantab888

MIS
Nov 26, 2001
US
When trying to restore data from a Windows 2000 server to a CIFS/NTFS share on a NetApp with full access I continue to get this error:

U:\>recover -v -d k:\ -s sdlt-ge1 -S 1665628321
recover: recovering 1 save set(s) on rsid 38835
Recovering files within E:\ into K:\
asm -r K:\Apps\access\AALES1.MDB
recover:Cannot recover 'K:\Apps\access\AALES1.MDB' -- must be owner

The directories are all written but no files under them?

The restore eventually must be aborted.

Hi,

there can be numerous reasons to this. The most obvious to look at is your security settings. The account you are using when running the restore, is it a member of administrators or at least backup operators?

Next thing to check would be if you can restore the file anywhere else. You can always check with another file if this is a huge one.

What if you are not relocating a file when restoring? Will a Directed recovery work instead?

Recovery user is part of local administrators and local backup group.

Tried recovery on different machines using networker tool on windows to do directed recovery. This error is trying to do saveset recovery on same machine and direct it to mapped drive. I am able to create files and folders on the mapped drive with no issues.

If I do the recovery to local disk drive on same machine I have no issues.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back