Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT Client is not seen on network but has access to network

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliMan74

Programmer
Sep 26, 2002
GB
We are running a PDC & a BDC and have every other machine displayed on the network.

We have one NT Workstation that is not being displayed on the network yet it can see all other machines on the network

All NT & 2k machines are logged onto are primary domain and should all be located under that on our network.

Any ideas as to why the NT4 workstation is not showing up?

Hope you can help.

By "Displayed on the network" do you mean appears in network neighborhood?
If this is the case, do the other machines have disk shares set up? If it doesn't have any there would be no need for this workstation to appear.

John

It did not appear in Network neibouhood at all [not even the machine] which should appear whether folders are shared or not I thought?]

Anyway, our IT manager has decided to install XP on this machine so I guess we'll never know.........

Thanks anyway.

I know sometimes it takes a while for a pc to show up in Network Neighborhood. You can go to Find > Computers and put in the computer name. When it finds it, right click on it and select Explore. That will make it show up in Network Neighborhood.

How many PC's are on your network. I have found that on larger networks there seems to be a limit of the amount of PC's/network resources you can browse in network neighbourhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back