Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT based authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh

Programmer
Jul 10, 2000
IN
how can i implement windows NT based server side popup window for user authentication.

Hmmmm, You must configure IIS to do this. The default is not to, so you will need to turn it on. I use IIS 5.0 so it may be different in IIS4 but not much.<br><br>Open the Web Server Console, Click one the server you want to secure, in the right pane you will see lists of folders and files. Just right click -&gt;Select Propertys-&gt;Goto the Directory tab-&gt;Edit &quot;anonymous access and authentication control&quot; From there you should see what to do.

You need to add user accounts in User Manager for Domains in your Administrative tools.<br><br>Then in IIS or whatever webserver you use, you edit the website security properties for specific folder to allow access to specific accounts.<br><br> <p>Russ Michaels<br><a href=mailto:russ@satachi.com>russ@satachi.com</a><br><a href= Internet Development</a><br>For my personal book recommendations visit <br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back