Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT authority\system

Status
Not open for further replies.

N11xxy

MIS
Aug 11, 2003
GB
having big problems, was working on my pc and got a msg on screen saying NT Authority\ system and pc was shutting down in 60 seconds, cant do anything about it, it shuts down, re boots and after a minute or 2 the same screen comes vback up and shuts me down again, any help please? also on boot up it comes up with 'primary ide channel no 80 conductorcable installed. these seem to have started at the same time. coincenence? any help would be ap[preciated.

thanks Mark

thank you, i will take a look at the thread.

thank you

still no joy..:( god knows whats happened. is it poissible to go straight to the thread by other means?

thank you

Yes, go to the XP forum, it's the first topic in that forum at this moment.

I have been having the same problem for a few weeks. Virus scans have come up with nothing, finally I was not even able to stay in windows or in safe mode without it restarting. I had to do a complete rebuild. I had to boot from a CD and reinstall. I still have all my data except for my e-mails. I did not have a recent backup of it. Stupid on my part. Anyway, does anyone know if there is a way to recover the e-mail? I still have all my documents and stuff like that, but I am unable to login to my other e-mail account because all users were deleted when I reinstalled.

here is the full url: thread779-627674 read the whole thread as simpler ideas became clearer to me over a short time as to how to rescure the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back