Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT authority\system Remote procedure call has caused it to shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardrock49

Technical User
Oct 2, 2003
CA
i have searched but did not find anything on this can someone give me any insight as to what would cause this message on a xp home system. it only happens when the person is online after a few minutes his puter reboots.

Howdy:

Do a search on this site for msblast or RPC.. They have the msblaster worm and this has been hashed out a pile of times..

Murray

he has used the stinger program and it did not find anything.

Follow the instructions EXACTLY !!!

The following is what the NEWEST version of Stinger will detect.. I don't see either MsBlast or Welchia in it..

BackDoor-AQJ, Bat/Mumu.worm, Exploit-DcomRpc, IPCScan, IRC/Flood.ap, IRC/Flood.bi, IRC/Flood.cd, NTServiceLoader, PWS-Narod, PWS-Sincom, W32/Bugbear@MM, W32/Deborm.worm.gen, W32/Dumaru@MM, W32/Elkern.cav, W32/Fizzer.gen@MM, W32/FunLove, W32/Klez, W32/Lirva, W32/Lovgate, W32/Lovsan.worm, W32/Mimail@MM, W32/MoFei.worm, W32/Mumu.b.worm, W32/Nachi.worm, W32/Nimda, W32/Pate, W32/Sdbot.worm.gen, W32/Sober@MM, W32/SirCam@MM, W32/Sobig, W32/SQLSlammer.worm, W32/Swen@MM, W32/Yaha@MM

Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back