Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT Authentication with IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBartomeli

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
US
I am trying to retrieve a variable from IIS, more specifically AUTH_USER from IIS Globals,

So far I am having no luck with this. Can anyone give me a sample line of code that will just echo the AUTH_USER value, or store it in another variable?

to be exact I am trying to pull the information from what is returned by this:

print_r($GLOBALS)

when running PHP on IIS

Thanks in advance.

Good luck to you! I asked about this some time ago and got no reply. I eventually went and got a 3rd party app and did a shell call to the app then stripped out the junk to get the domain authenticated user.

sadly i don't have the info here as i am at home. will look for all the info and will post sample code when i am back to work on Wednesday

Does the print_r($GLOBALS) actualy return the auth_user value ?
Is this just a syntax question ??, post the output for the print_r and see where we get to.
Moonspel - you should have posted you solution !!

Here's where to get the software look for the application called PsLoggedOn.

I'm not going to post my code here cause it is site specific, but with a little work you can filter out all the junk and get the logged on user!

also I have not been able to get the system to work by ip address yet and it does seem to only work on a lan.

ingresman - did i not say i was at home!?

When you had the original post and resolution some time ago !

i never did get a resolution. i had to work it out for myself. i think people are reluctant to post this sort of thing as it can be abused!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back