Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT Authentication plugin while trying to establish group membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

st7979

Programmer
Oct 19, 2009
US
Hi,

Does anyone know why another admin is getting this error while trying to logon in Crystal Enterprise?

Account Information Not Recognized

NT Authentication plugin while trying to establish group membership. Please make sure that each mapped NT group belongs to an accessible domain.

I checked his ID, we are both identical, but he couldn't get in while I could. Other non admin users are fine and I tried to remove his admin group and add other group, same error happened.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I tried to remove their ID from Enterprise and added back, but they still cannot login. Crystal no longer support CE10. I can't find any article regarding this error. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks

Hi,
Check the security settings on the Server that CE is running on..The NT group memberships and details are actually stored/edited there - see if yours and that one are the same on the server, not just in CE's CMC.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi,

I spoke with the IS dept. They are the ones who create ID for Crystal Enterprise so the users can use their NT password to login. According to them, the ID are setup in the group called "Crystal Other Domain" on the Crystal server and everyone is in there including myself. All ID are domain/name. There is no additional property or options where they can look at the security behind that ID created in the group. Once the ID is created in Crystal Other Domain, the ID will automatically be seen in CMC, then I would add the member groups in CMC to the ID so they can see their group folders when they login. Can you elaborate where the security is stored? I also tried to reset their password to the old original password, but it still doesn't work. I'm so lost right now. Please let me know what can I do?

Thank you for your help.

Hi,
Be sure you update/refresh the NT group in the CMC.

When you look at the group membership for 'Crystal Other Domain' in the CMC is the persons ID that is having the issue listed?

[profile]

Hi,

Yes. his id is there in CMC. We just tried now to delete his ID entirely and re-added back, but we still getting the same error. I didn't even add any groups to this ID after we added back for testing purposes, but we still cannot get in. When IS looked at the group membership in 'Crystal Other Domain', his id is there. doman/name. According to them, that's all they do when a new user is added to Crystal Enterprise. Thanks for your help.

Hi,
Just as a test use his ID, not the group, and grant him direct access to the needed folder.

[profile]

Hi,

Is there anything else that we could look into? This is really a strange case. I'm reading all the documentation online and this is exactly what we have between Crystal server with all the domain IDs and the ID from CMC. It's been working fine until Wed.

Thanks

Hi,

I did use his ID. I tried to remove all his groups OR added all the necessary groups from CMC, but this error still shows. This is what so strange about. Is there any ways that I can grant him access besides adding groups to his ID from CMC? I don't know which level is stopping him.

Hi,
try going to the top level and granting him ( using his ID not the group) 'View Reports' there and see if it helps...

[profile]

Hi,

I just tried that to grant him access by this ID in the folder level, group level, but he still cannot get in. I even rebooted the Crystal server. Same problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back