Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT access problems after upgrade to AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdpresto

MIS
Jan 23, 2002
US
Any new user that is added to the domain is getting "access denied" when trying to access any shared files on a NT server. I have tried both rights assignment by user and group, same result. On the other hand they can access any shares they have rights to on any of my 2000 servers. Note any exsisting users that had rights to the NT servers before the AD upgrade still can access the NT servers.

Is this one domain or two? If two, what is the existing trust relationship, if any, between the two domains?

When you create a new user, where are you creating it from?

This is an in place upgrade so this is one domain. I am using active directory users and computers to create the new user.

After calling Microsoft, we ran dcdiag /v and netdiag /v. It started working. Microsoft did not have a good reason. I will keep this thread posted if the problem comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back