Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT 4 + SP6a - "Lock Workstation" stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

klaus9

Technical User
Nov 11, 2003
GB
I have an NT 4 Workstation which has been running fine for months. I noticed recently that Lock Workstation (ie CTRL-ALT-DEL then L) doesn't work anymore. It just goes straight back to the desktop. The only thing that's been installed recently was Roxio's Easy CD Creator V5.1 Basic plus patches to V5.3. I don't know whether the problem occured right after that install or not. I've tried removed the Roxio stuff and re-applying SP6a. Can't find anything on Microsoft about it. Anyone come across this before?

Thanks for that tip Matt, but that isn't it - the Lock Workstation button isn't greyed out, it just doesn't work. I've already tried setting this registry key then unsetting it just in case... but no go.

No viruses and no spyware. I'm stumped. Don't want to do a rebuild, but it's looking that way...!

Klaus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back