Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT 4 scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basehamster

Programmer
Mar 12, 2002
US
Hello all,
I was just curious about a result code that I am getting from my task scheduler. The event appears to run, but it does not and I am given a "last result" code of 0x11. Does anyone know what this means, or where I could find out? Thanks in advance.

-basehamster

NetBIOS Error 0x11: Local Session Table Full
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.1
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.1
Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.5
Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51

This article was previously published under Q132501
SYMPTOMS
When you run a NetBIOS application under Windows NT, the following error message appears:

Error 0x11 (Local session table full)
Meaning: There are no available entries in the local session table

NOTE: The Windows NT Redirector (workstation service) and Server service do not use the NetBIOS Interface.

For more information on standard NetBIOS error codes, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

126651 NetBIOS Data Codes (Windows NT and RAS)

CAUSE
This problem occurs when the NetBIOS application's request for number of sessions exceeds the configured session limit. The default session value is 16, the maximum session limit is 254.
RESOLUTION
To correct this problem, increase the session limit using the NetBIOS Reset or DIR.OPEN.ADAPTER NetBIOS commands.
MORE INFORMATION
The following table lists the default and maximum session settings for the NetBIOS interface implementation under Windows NT:

Maximum Lana 254
Maximum Sessions 254
Maximum Address 255
Maximum Names 253

Default Sessions 16
Default Commands 16
Default Names 8

Last Reviewed: 8/8/2001
Keywords: KB132501

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search