Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NT 4.0's Robocopy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomBilensky

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2001
US
Using Robocopy.exe from the NT resource kit:

We are copying all the files from a specific folder (without any sub folders) to a specified directory that we have already created. We have been successful in doing so, when launching the file manually. We are having trouble scheduling this task. We are trying to use the WinAT Command Scheduler from the NT 4.0 resource kit.

Here is the command line that we're using in Robocopy

C:\Robocopy.exe d:\apps\rasscle\rass2_0 d:\sections\pers\rassdata /v /log:d:\users\rwelling\shared\rdl\rasscopy.txt

This command line allows us to copy the data we need to the destination needed, with a log file created.

The scheduler is set up to run the .bat file at 8:36pm Monday through Friday, however the .bat file is not being launched.

Thoughts and suggestions please.

Maybe something here could help, It could be a permissions issue. For instance. If the batch job fires off as 'system' and is trying to access the network, "That won't happen!" Just see if anything in here helps you:

thread55-260522

try placing cmd.exe /c before the command. This executes the command shell and then terminates it when the command has finished.

Also, like stiddy say's, check the the schedule service is logging on with the correct permissions. you may need to run it with the admin user.

dave

FWIW -- I am using a Robocopy command that exactly matches the one you provided in your post. I used to use the AT command, but to often it would not work and would not give an error message. Now I use the scheduled jobs folder in NT or 2K. SO!!! I would suggest that you try running your batch job that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back