Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NSS - Remove or reinstall "definition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb307

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2001
DE
Hi!

Recently I was at an installation where the server (NW5, SP3a) abends and recovers because there is a problem with a non existing NSS volume. The abend happens only once.

I asked and found out:

The Admin wanted to get rid of NSS (no space restrictions there) and replaced the NSS Datavolume with a classical one. On this run he added some devices to his Compaq RAID for both more space and redundancy (RAID5 I think).

He didn't delete the NSS b4 (wanted to keep the hardware for recovery).

Does any one know a procedure to remove the defined NSS volume or completely remove NSS (not loading NSS-NLMs didn't help).

Read you

H. Bilke

The answer is actually addressed in TID 10057739 on the Novell Website. You have to delete the Virtual Device.

Hope this helps.

Will check on Wednesday. But if I recall haved tried it already..

Thanx anyway.

nemch,

this TID isn't it. There is nothing to be deleted within nwconfig. It looks like there isn't any NSS (volume, partition et. al.)

The removed HDU was the only one containig NSS partition, volume etc.

As a new server is in sight and there will be some NDS redesigning I won't put much work on it.

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back