Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nsrnmo scripts doesn't run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinux

Technical User
Sep 21, 2004
ZA
Hi

I am struggling seting up the Networker module for Oracle

I am running Redhat Enterprise Linux 3 update 5 on 4 clients.
I have installed
lgtoclnt-7.2.1-1
lgtoman-7.2.1-1
lgtonmo-4.2-1
on all the clients.
My backup Server is running RHEL2.1
Version: NetWorker 7.2.1.Build.311 Network Edition/65

The problem is when running a scheduled backup i get this message :

client.abc.com:RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd nsrnmo3.sh: Command not found
nsrnmo3.sh is the nsrnmo script on the client.

I use this command on my backup server to test :
savegrp -vvv -c name.of.myclient -I -l full OracleRAC(this is the Group the client resides in.)
I have added in the backup command field of the client the script name (nsrnmo3.sh), added and removed , the "Executable Path", "Remote user and password, Remote Access"
In all cases I get this message :

name.of.myclient:RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd level=full, dn=0, mx=1, vers=ssbrowse, p=4
01/18/06 14:23:25 savegrp:
name.of.my.client:RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd started
/usr/sbin/nsrnmo3.sh -s backup-lnx -g OracleRAC -LL -m name.of.my.client -l full -W 78 -N RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd
01/18/06 14:23:25 savegrp: command '/usr/sbin/nsrnmo3.sh -s backup-lnx -g OracleRAC -LL -m name.of.my.client -l full -W 78 -N RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd ' for client name.of.my.client exited with return code 76.
01/18/06 14:23:25 savegrp:
:RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd succeeded.
*name.of.myclient:RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd rcmd name.of.myclient, user root: `/usr/sbin/nsrnmo3.sh -s backup-lnx -g OracleRAC -LL -m name.of.myclient -l full -W 78 -N RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd'
*name.of.my.client:RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd nsrnmo3.sh: Command not found
01/18/06 14:23:25 savegrp: nsrim run recently, skipping

If I run this command from the client it works fine.
It seems the the nsrnmo3.sh script doesnt run when it is called from the backup server.

Any ideas would be great!!!
Regards
Hinux

Did you setup your client correctly?
These are the key parameters:

Save set: RMAN:/path_to_nmo_script
Backup command: nsrnmo

The backup command of course is essential.

sound slike you have put your nsrnmo script in the saveset paramater after the actual RMAN: saveset script.....or is the error showing a furfy ?

client.abc.com:RMAN:/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_FULL.cmd nsrnmo3.sh: Command not found

this shouldnt be occurring...... also nsrnmo3.sh, is this as 605 has stated your '/usr/sbin/nsrnmo' config file ? this is Not a script but a variable/env file...
this needs to exist in the "backup command' parameter of each of the rman client configs.....

when i config rman backups, i name the nsrnmo to reflect the oracle SID ( as each Oracle instance on same server requires one), so from your example i assume the Oracle SID is TSTH
they should look like this

saveset: RMAN::/backup/database/scripts/TSTH_full_backup
backup command: nsrnmo_TSTH

Hi

Thanks for your input.
Your comments steered my in the right direction.

My nsrnmo3.sh config file had a problem.
It did not have the #!/bin/sh at the top.
I must have screwed it up when I copied the file or when I Set the different env..

Thanks again.
I always get usefull info from these Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back