Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nsrnmo.bat is not started by scheduling under NT 4,0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkolless

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
DE
Hi,

I work with NW 6.1 and NMO 3.1! On our new system there is no possibiltiy to start the nsrnmo.bat as a backup command.

Every time I get an "unknow or misspelled...Please check you paths" from Windows NT. This seems to be happen when the client tries to executed the batch with "cmd /c nsrnmo.bat"

Seems that the nsrexecd can´t find cmd.exe. Can anyone help?

Greets

Rafael

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to the same problem.

We bypassed by copying cmd.exe under ../nsr/bin/nsrcmd.exe and executing the batch with "nsrcmd /c batchjob.bat" .
It works, but this can't be the final solution.

Regards
Martin

There is a Hotfix from Legato for the NW NT4 6.1.0 Client.
Is contains only the liblocal.dll file.
It is not there for the 6.1.1 Version. But the workaround given by marmic seems ok to me.

B-)

Are you trying to back up an Oracle database using a scheduled job through Networker? I tried for six months with no luck. I even had someone from our support company on site for a week testing different scenarios.

We start all Oracle backups from the crontab on Unix, which could be done with the at command on NT. If I'm on the right track with what you're asking, I can send you sample scripts.

I had the same problem a while ago and changed nsr_home from "program files" to "win32app" and it worked. Apparently it's a problem with a space in the path that is hard to work around. I think I tried all different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back