Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nsrmmd #13: inactive ssid error during stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

182RacingBlue

Technical User
Sep 5, 2005
GB
a couple of times now ive been getting the above during the stage process;

Were running 7.21 on Windows 2003, the daemon.log looks as below after stacks of the above error message

nsrd: "NETWORKERSERVER":cloning session done saving to pool 'Default'(VOLUME)
nsrd: cloning session:save sets done reading 746 GB
ansrd: ansrd_clone FAILED: errnum is 5001 and errstr is other clones exist for failed save set
ansrd: failed to execute MODE_CLONE
nsrd: write completion notice: Writing to volume "VOLUME" complete
nsrd: "NETWORKERSERVER":cloning session saving to pool 'Default Clone'(VOLUME)

Any idea's guys?

This looks weird - it seems that you clone to the pool 'Default' which is unusual.

What do you exactly do?

at this stage, im staging from a Disk pool to my default pool which is tape.

Ive just realised in my script it performs a Clone after the staging has finshed, this might account for the messages above DOH!.

We take data all week to a disk pool and then stage it to tape on a sunday, i have x2 folders on the same physical disk and run 2 staging sessions and 3 times now ive had the "nsrmmd #13: inactive ssid" error and staging has just stopped ive run again this morning and it's fine running as we speak!.

Staging in fact is cloning (first step) and then deleting the source save set afterwards.

It is really strange to do a clone from a save set stored on tape if it was available on a disk device earlier. For performance reasons i would first clone and then stage it.

An 'inactive ssid' would usually appear if you can not read the source due to whatever reason. But unfortunately i do not understand the last paragraph to be of more help.

What happens if you just exclude the save set(s) in question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back